Re: [LUG] [OT]: Moving to Cornwall

On 28/04/06, Ian bell <ianbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bill Smith wrote:

> Rugged.....
> destitute more like
> And I live in Camborne so I should know.....

So, since I am free to live anywhere in Cornwall, where would you
recommend.

I rather like the poldice valley, all along the mineral trail from
portreath / st agnes through chacewater, twelve heads and devoran is
nice. Perranwell is pretty nice and has a station on the falmouth
branch line as well as a bus service and a very good gastropub.

Most of the Chacewater side of Truro is nice once you get a short
distance from the main road (A30 or A39) or past threemilestone.
Threemilestone itself is ok, you can find nice places just outside it
that aren't quite in the 'village' and so feel like you're in the
country but are only a 10 minute walk from the
shop/bakers/laundrette/post office/etc and 15 minute drive from Truro,
and even a 20 minute drive from Falmouth.

Falmouth area, especially around Budock and towards Mawnan / Helford
river are nice but very very expensive and lack any decent public
transport, also no decent food without going to falmouth, or some very
scattered country pubs.

cheers,

A.

-