Re: [LUG] Postfix UBE rules

Robin Cornelius wrote:

> Thats certainly an interesting approach but I am not sure I like the
> idea of the delays, what are the typical retry limits on a SMTP server

Most retry quite promptly, the main exception is "gmail.com", and some
other big, cheap providers.

The delays are mostly an issue with things like mailing list sign-ups,
as usually that is the first time the machine emails you.

You don't get delays with regular correspondents, like
"list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" as they are quickly learnt.

 Simon, wondering why he so often feels dreadful on Wednesdays, which is
the one day of the week when Dr M's standby is holding fort.

-