Re: [LUG] building a PC

On Apr 20, 2006, Mark was like:
> On the 64 bit mobos, there are 2 main PSU to mobo power plugs - one is the
> long one which is common to all ATX systems, the other is usually a 4 pin
> one. If the 4 pin one is not plugged in, it will fail to work.

That's it. I didn't realise I had to use this and there is a 4-pin plug
from the PSU. So now it all starts up ok. Yeehar!

[thanks for the idea, Mike but the memory now checks]

It comes up with a strange message 'IDE channel 0 no 80-conductor
cable installed', but why should there be, it's not SCSI so there is a
40-way cable as usual and setup reports C/H/S values in the usual
way. Is it trying to tell me sonething? Otherwise I am set fair to
install lots more stuff and an OS, etc.

Tony Sumner

-