RE: [LUG] Mplayer/ Xine .mp4 audio support

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of mike+redtux.org.uk
Sent: 19 April 2006 23:21
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [LUG] Mplayer/ Xine .mp4 audio support

1. it is an audio codec you need prob mp3 which would be lame 2.
normally the mplayer plugins are just an archive so if you open up the
archive you can just copy to where your binary expects them to be 3.
mandriva may have mp3 rpms about 4. check that xine-lib has support for
divx (tho why not xvid )Nj 1ºnjÂvj

Can already play mp3.

Just realised it's encoded with AAC audio. The file will play but with
an error that the audio component of the file cannot be played due to
missing codec.
I am aware of lame and mp3 which play fine.

Divx files are perfectly ok. I encode all my divx files with lame as I
prefer it over mp3.

The problem is the lack of any media player supplied with mandrake to
play mp4 with AAC audio encoded into the video file.

I used tmpng on ppc and smartphone which I had to install aac codec to
to get the audio to play. Will have to hunt for this.

Is there somewhere I have to put this ?

Ray

-