Re: [LUG] Mandriva2006 (64bit)

Quoting Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I have been having problems with Mandriva2006 64bit edition. Among
others I have had trouble with Moneydance, Gnucash and Turboprint. I
had some more problems this morning so I had finally had enough.

I started over by installing the 32bit version on my computer. What a
good idea. Now all the above programs are working without any problems
at all.

So my personal advice to all, if you get Mandrive2006, don't bother
with the 64bit version, stick with 32bit. In my experience it will be a
lot less hassle.

Meanwhile thanks to all those who came up with help and advice.

Regards

Neil Winchurst

I've never been a big fan of Mandrake/Mandriva. I remember the first time I tried it, it was on something like version 5. Great installation, but I couldn't login!

I think at the time I ended up buying a boxed version of SUSE 6.

Now I'm using Ubuntu and haven't looked back. It just seems to work for me on both 32-bit and 64-bit flavours. I'm guessing it's got something to do with it being based on Debian, which again just works.

Rob

-