Re: [LUG] Scanner Problem

Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:

> Thanks for that, I think that "usermod -G scanner peter" (it did not like the
> -a)

The "-a" was to ensure the group scanner is appended to the list of
groups "peter" belongs to, not replacing it.

$id
uid=1000(srw) gid=1000(srw)
groups=24(cdrom),29(audio),44(video),106(scanner),118(lpadmin),1000(srw)

"groups" should have plenty of entries for desktop Debian users.

Try "id", and check what groups "peter" is in. You might need to restart
your desktop after changing group membership, to get the full effect, as
the initialisation of some parts of the desktop might rely on
permissions from the groups belonged to.

-