Re: [LUG] Moneydance

On Sunday 16 April 2006 7:17 pm, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Anyway, there is a simple fix which I have now run and gnucash now
> starts properly.

Good!

> I would be quite happy to use gnucash if  I could get it to read my
> moneydance backup file.

What format is this file?

Do you have an old machine that can still run Moneydance and provide some form
of export? (Is there someone else whom you can trust to run your data through
Moneydance?)

> I don't suppose that is possible.

Depends. I've never seen Moneydance, I have no idea what kind of file it uses.

> Otherwise, if
> I simply cannot get moneydance to run I will have to start again from
> scratch, and lose the last three years' data!! Not much good, but better
> than nothing.

You don't have to lose it:
1. Moneydance could be installable once you have some more time on the system.
2. What you really need is the account balance of each Moneydance account to
start your gnucash data file.
3. Someone may have solved this problem before. Google it.

--

Neil Williams