Re: [LUG] Moneydance

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> 'whereis java'
>
> all I get is 'java:' thrown back at me.  I had expected a file reference
> showing me whereabouts it is installed on disc.
>
> Is this how it should be, that is to say, is Java a special case, or am
> I right to be puzzled? Could this be the cause of the problem?

man whereis
Bugs: ... whereis has a hardcoded path. ...

Try "type java" to find out where it is.

I doubt this is the problem, but without output from the command when
you attempt to run it, I'm guessing. Possible it has a script that
resets the path, but unlikely, most things prepend to PATH at worst.

Alternatively try GNU Cash -- we can probably help you a LOT more with
that one.