Re: [LUG] Moneydance

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:45:45 +0100
Peter Walker <peter.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To find out the version of Java you have, type "java -version".
>
> I have just tried the latest demo version of Moneydance and it starts
> fine for me. (Java 1.5.0_06)
>
> What exactly is happening? Are you starting from the command line
> using the Moneydance startup shell script.
> What is the exact error message. Does anything happen at all.
>
> Only thing I can think of is that the script is not finding your Java.
> Which Moneydance download did you use. There is one there that claims
> to include the Java Virtual Machine which might work for you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete
My version is 1.4.2-02.

You are right, I downloaded the version of Moneydance which did not
include Java as it claimed to be able to find Java on my computer if it
were present. Well, it is present but I now suspect that it did not find
it properly.

So I am now downloading the version which includes Java. Perhaps that
will solve the problem. I will let you know.

Regards

Neil