Re: [LUG] Re: UK spelling in Thunderbird.

Julian Hall wrote:
I must be sad, replying to my own emails ;) Anyway, to remove any unused dictionaries there is no function, it's done manually.

Close Thunderbird.

Go to the Thunderbird install folder, then components -> myspell: Delete the .dic, .aff and README- files for the unwanted dictionaries. Then restart Thunderbird.

Kind regards,

Julian

PS I still haven't checked this on the Linux version yet - one thing at a time :) PPS They must be very sad developers. The spell-check asked me to correct Thunderbird to Thunderbirds.... Gerry Anderson fan somewhere ;)
I'll stop talking to myself in a minute - honest! ;)

I remember from the last time this topic was discussed issues with people (me among them) having updated the Linux version and only having v1.07 installed. Instead of messing about with dictionaries I've just found links to *localised* versions of Linux on this page:

http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html

So you can download the latest version *and kill off the US dictionary* in one go :)

Kind regards,

Julian

Shushing up now, honest ;)