Re: [LUG] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3,8)

Simon Waters wrote:
I know this really good Linux lass, lives in Swansea, her partner isn't
too bad at it either ;). Perhaps you ought to join a close GLUG/LUG for
the CDs, and the hardware, just don't leave us.

 Simon
I'm on the South Wales LUG as well as DC LUG, I expect she is too. I joined this first because a) it was the first one I found (no I don't remember how or why) and also because you're all a friendly helpful bunch so I decided to stick around :)

On the Knoppix front I'm not doing too well. I managed to boot into Knoppix 3.4 Live but I'm not able to get into the relevant partition to do anything sith it, such as /sbin/lilo to remind it what the correct mount point is supposed to be.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

kind regards,

Julian