Re: [LUG] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3,8)

Hi,

I've only ever come across a kernel panic once - but did manage to find the
source of the problem, and fix it! Does your windows share work ok? I had a
similar setup, but also had random freezes on my windows share which led me
to believe it was a hardware problem, not a software problem.

The cause: faulty PSU.

The fix: replace it.

Might not help at all, but hopefully it does!

Ed.

Ed Rackham
Managing Director
EDSA Designs - www.edsadesigns.com