Re: [LUG] kpanel and xkill

Paul Sutton wrote:
In KDE

If I click alt-f2 and get a command box up, type xkill I can get the skull and crossbones up fine, now clicking on the taskbar kills the taskbar, (which is expected) however how do I get it back,

Apart from the obvious don't do it in the first place,
Just wondered, should a normal user be able to do this that easily when I need to enter the root password in order to alter the time / date.

Paul

The KDE panel is "kicker". Just run it as you would any other program.

The time/date applies system-wide, and is critical to the proper functioning of some servers (such as IRC servers), whereas KDE is pretty much all under control of the user, and it doesn't affect other users at all. If I managed to break kicker on a multi-user system, I wouldn't want to talk to root to get the problem fixed. I'd just "xkill" or "killall" it and be done with it.

--

140cf42384f90b8c349b67457b907115

Public PGP key at http://www.jameshallam.info/files/publicpgpkey.txt