Hello again Wills
this is the UK address

http://www.haisoft.co.uk/

and this is the private server page

http://www.haisoft.co.uk/vps.php
  Trevor

William Fidell wrote:

 > All,
 >
 > We are looking to move hosting companies so I thought that I would ask
 > for recommendations.  My boss is wanting to go for rackspace, which I
 > want to avoid.
 >
 > What we require is:-
 > Rented server
 > Full root access
 > No small companies, we want a decent size support team.
 > And basically the ability to do what we want with the server.
 >
 > Any ideas?
 >
 > Wills

In answer to my own post.

I have been recommended www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk. Their prices are very good for dedicated servers. They basically look after the hardware everything else is up to you.

We have three worries 1) the size of the company, 2) the support levels and 3) if we have the skills to manage the server. The third item is not a worry for me but a concern of the rest of the company.

It looks like we want to go for a middle ground between rackspace and blackcat. I want complete control my boss wants a bit more support and hand holding.

We are currently with DSVR, but we have had lots of problems with them. They were recently brought out and their service dropped right off. They installed overzealous spam filtering that also killed off email. Plus the server is not a standard install and don't give you root access.