[LUG] Council Tax: Amount spent on "Finance and IT" in Devon

Recently was looking at a recent booklet from the local council on "how
we spend your money in Devon"

Whee....

                2005/6     2006/7
Finance and IT  26.2m      26.9m

Ok so I presume this includes staff costs in Finance and IT departments
but I do wonder how much of this was spent on Microsoft Office / XP /
server etc etc, and if they switched to OpenSource how much could be
saved?

I see the budget process seems to start around Oct / November: it might
be a good idea around August to start the process of lobbying to get
Devon council to look at migrating to OpenSource software....

Not sure on Cornwall, but presumably the same sort of figures apply

Henry