Re: [LUG] Ideas

Thus far;

OpenOffice.org
FireFox
Sun JRE
Thunderbird mail client and firefox on both windows and Linux

If using kde, then the games are good, challenging and non violent which is good for children, they can also develop logic and thinking skills, eg. sokoban, I agree with gnuchess too.

I also have the kids theme running, it looks quite nice and is a change from the usual right angles for icons, e.g folders, so that may be useful, it's different, and may appeal to sea cadets. so a similar theme for which ever window manager or desktop may be nice, anything similar for windows,
Also what about

tuxmath
pingus
tux paint
tux typing

One thing to do would be demonstrate cool features such as

desktop switching  - and how best to make use of this feature
copy files from a to b gives option to rename if file of same name exists at destination (little things that make the difference)

Paul