Re: [LUG] GNU/Linux Cameroon Project Update

On Wed Mar 15 18:08 , Tom Brough <tombrough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sent:

Just thought you would like to know that the computers sent to the
Cameroon have arrived at their final destination (Kumbo) safely. They
where held up in Douala, while someone found money to pay the import
duties.

Thanks to everyone who contributed material & support. I will let you
know if there are any further developments.

Hopefully they will be able to get the LTSP network up and running quickly.

Tom.

---

Thats great news.  It's good to see the machines are being put to better use rather
than sitting in a skip somewhere.

I'm trying to find out what is happening to some of the old kit where I am working
here.  The offices I am in are closing in about 3 weeks.  Some of the kit is owned
by a separate company, but as far as I know, there may be some kit which isn't
owned by them and might be chucked out (unless I can convince my boss to allow me
to take them home, which well, may be possible).

Rob