[LUG] Multiple translations in one .tar.gz

Can anyone think of projects that distribute a single tarball that has at
least two packages AND separate translations for each?

I'm trying to see how one orig.tar.gz can contain two packages that can be
installed with their own translations so that users can choose to install
either one or both. Gettext doesn't seem to support multiple po/ directories
easily.

Although the packages share lots of common code (hence the same orig.tar.gz),
they share very few translatable strings. (Basically, one is a GUI front-end
and one is a CLI and only a few error codes are shared.)

I can see how to separate virtually everything else (I especially want to
strip out all GUI dependencies) except the translations.

--

Neil Williams