Re: [LUG] Listing all installed Debian packages?

Grant Sewell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to list all the packages installed on a system?  I've
> tried "# dpkg --get-selections" but *everything* is listed as
> "install" or "deinstall", even packages that have been installed
> already are labelled as "install", so I'm guessing it's not the tool
> I want.

It is exactly the tool you want I suspect. But if you say why you want a
list we can probably help you even more.

The output is designed to tell you want to do one system to recreate an
existing system, so it would say "install" for all packages installed,
and "deinstall" for any packages missing.