Re: [LUG] Problems with sound using Macromedia Flash player...

Grant Sewell wrote:

I have just installed the Flash player from Macromedia and I've run
into a slight hitch.

The player tries to use /dev/dsp for all audio output...

My understanding is that /dev/dsp is an OSS device, and you'll need OSS compatibility kernel modules for alsa, or one of the alternative solutions (use OSS, or libaoss).

In Debian "apt-cache show alsa-oss" gets an explanation.

However we have real sound gurus on the list who may be about to you I'm wrong.