Re: [LUG] Help needed installing/removing Linux

On 1/8/06, Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:46:48 +0000
> Martinus Scriblerus <martinus.scriblerus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I have a new Toshiba laptop on which I am trying to install Mandriva.
> > The problem is that earlier I installed Ubuntu, which I would like to
> > remove before installing the Mandriva distro. What is the best way to
> > do this?
> >
> > Martin
>
> You don't need to remove Ubuntu prior to installing Mandriva.  Part of the
> Mandriva install routine involves selecting/partitioning your harddrive(s).  When
> you get to this stage, simply remove the existing partitions and then re-create
> whatever you want (you can even choose to use the existing partitions, but wipe
> them anyway).

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, when I tried it the partitioning
stage said that I had one big Windows partition (approximately 150%
the size of my drive).

You know, what with this and Ben's comments I am going off the idea of
installing Mandriva. I think I'll give Ubuntu more of a try.

Next problem: What is my chance of getting online from Linux with a
Toshiba software modem?

--
Martinus Scriblerus scripsit