[LUG] small issues

Hi

I have a few small issues with my set up

1. My login box is in german, this is despite the fact that the log out screen is in english, I have set the language to english using control center, do I have to remove german from the language list?

2. Keyboard, My keyboard seems to be I think in US english, despite again it being set properly in control center, I suspect somewhere something is overriding these settings, or could it simply be a bug with X.org 6.9, or even kde, I managed to get the right keyboard map in last night, but it's all back to being wrong again. Any suggestions as to where to look, for a solution.

Thanks

Paul