Re: [LUG] In a mess with samba

tom potts wrote:

I can send you ( if you can take it ) a 4Meg
'samba-guide.pdf' with a lot of examples in it if that
will help?
Hi Tom,

Is this from the samba offical documentation somewhere or from some other source? If it is from some other source then it may be of help. (i can easily accept a 4Mb Email, he says and i can get the offical stuff from sambas web site). I looked at the samba documentation regarding migration and it scared me. What i am worried about now is that i should have ensured the uids and gids were constant accross the two servers and copied across certain files (with the security info in them).

Also, i tried removing the profile from the new server thinking it would create a new empty one, wrong, same problem. This seems weird to be as this is a new domain as far as the client is concerned so it should be capable of logging on to it and creating a new profile?

Regards

Robin