Re: [LUG] Router/Modem ?.

On Dec 18, 2005, Jondavey was like:

>  my internal modem won't work in Mandrake.

It is almost certainly a Winmodem -- this is a modem but one which does
a lot of the work in the OS, which of course will not work in linux. I
started with Binatone USB modem which the makers claimed wold work with
Red Hat but they were lying. I then tried a D-Link DSL300T and this
also was crap. Best plan is to go for a router. I have a Netgear DG834G
which is lovely and it so happens I have a spare (cos I suspected my
router might be faulty but it wasn't). I can sell it to you for 20gbp.
Let me know if you are interested.

Tony Sumner