Re: [LUG] UN/Linux/ZDnet

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 10:49 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:

> "the aim of free software is not to enable a healthy business on software but
> rather to make it even impossible to make any income on software as a
> commercial product,"
> Thomas Lutz, the manager of public affairs at Microsoft Austria,

I would be reluctant to assume or assert that such a clever chap in such
a major, and in their own eyes innovative, company as Microsoft might
not understnad something so straightforward and significantly relevant
to his own company's business model.

Rather, I assumed that he was simply lying.

In public.

For profit.

But I have no means of knowing, he may be lazy and ignorant enough not
to actually understnad that what he has said, perhaps as a result of a
company briefing and instruction, is incorrect.

--
Dr Adrian Midgley
www.defoam.net