[LUG] Installing Debian 3.1 over network on Mac

Hi folks,

I've got an interesting one for you...

I have an Apple iMac G3-300 which I have been using as a terminal
connecting to my LTSP server.

Now I decided to replace the Mac with a low spec PC so now the Mac is
free for other uses.

I'd like to install Debian 3.1 PPC on the Mac.  The only problem is, it
doesn't have a working CD-ROM drive.  The CD-ROM drive itself is a slot

I figured, since the Mac boots fine over the network I could maybe boot
the Debian install program over the network and perform a network install.

I've tried extracting the vmlinux and initrd.gz files from the Debian
3.1 Netinst PPC ISO image.  It will boot these but then it complains
that it can't find the CDROM.

Now I was wondering, is there a kernel & initrd.gz file which would
automatically load the network card drivers and then install Debian over
the net?

Anyone got any ideas?

Ta,

Rob