[LUG] GNOME, Gnopernicus, and Ctrl-Alt

Debian Sid,

I fiddled, mercilessly, with GDM settings, sounds settings, and
Gnopernicus as the GNOME screen reader, eventually it all worked after a
fashion.

But now I've switched off Gnopernicus, my numerical keypad seems to be
stuck in a "different layer" (I couldn't decipher the layer stuff in the
Gnopernicus documentation, and it never seemed to do anything with the
number pad, except stop it typing numbers).

Also the GDM seems to prevent me typing "ctrl-alt" and "1|2|3|4|5|6" etc
to get a terminal session. Once logged in it is fine.

I'd rather not restore ".gnome" from backup, for such a simple couple of
issues, and I suspect the "GDM" settings are stored elsewhere anyway.

Hints?

I'm glad I don't have to rely on Gnopernicus, it made GNOME very
unreliable, and took a lot of fiddling to make it work.