Re: [LUG] crt and X

On Monday 14 Nov 2005 12:11, Steve Marvell wrote:
> Why is it that when I switch to CRT on my laptop, I can't get my X
> session? I can get terminal sessions, but when switching to the X
> session, it reverts back to the laptop screen.

It could be that the driver is detecting the active output when X is started,
in which case restarting X with the CRT connected should give you output on
the CRT.

If it doesn't, then perhaps some driver-specific modification is required to
your X config to make it use the CRT output.

Regards.
David.

--
David Johnson