Re: [LUG] Swapping VDU's

On Sunday 30 October 2005 12:08 pm, David Bell wrote:
> Using Sarge on my box and want to replace my CRT VDU with a TFT Display.
> Is there an easy/painless way of doing this with minimal risk of frying
> said new expensive item - apart from a re-install?

You need to reconfigure X, that's all.

OK, it can get a little frustrating using xf86config at times - especially if
you don't know the settings the new panel will require - but shutdown the
box, change the cables over, restart and if (when) the GUI login fails to
appear, login as user, su to root and work through the config.

Either get used to mutt (as the rest of your system will be fine), use lynx
and the members area or have a second machine that can send email to the list
if you get stuck.

--

Neil Williams