[LUG] Highlights of the DCGLUG stats

Recently we started to use the DCGLUG Apache logs to turn out some
statistics to see what is happening.

The site is surprisingly quiet, although there is a steady stream of
people picking up stuff from the archive, hopefully to answer their
Linux problems.

We got a surprising amount of traffic from "debian-administration.org",
turned out to be someone other than me making a link to the archive
(Ben?). But I have been surprised at just how busy "Debian
Administration" has become in quite a short time. It is a small site, I
and others, many from the UK, have been posting content, and blogs to.
As always there are far more readers than posters there.

There is also a demand for information on KDE shortcuts by the looks of
it, so if anyone wants to explain how to make the most of KDE desktops,
short cuts and Klipper, please feel free to write us some content.

The lack of obvious badness in the stats, suggests our webmaster is
doing an excellent job, and our spelling (as a group) is better than
average.

Otherwise random oddities below.

> Referers
> Referers ordered by visits (referers from google excluded)

> 8)    5       http://parishilton.rawaccess.com

Nope, they no longer link to us. Someone it seems managed to visit a
message in the archive relating to a meeting we organised in 2000.
Weird, very weird.

> Browsers
> Browsers used by visits
> Different browsers listed 8

The obligatory browser popularity competition.

> Unknown       4057 (58.8%)
> Explorer      1368 (19.8%)
> Netscape/Mozilla      1120 (16.2%)
> Konqueror     220 (3.2%)
> Opera         87 (1.3%)
> Safari        42 (0.6%)
> Galeon        4 (0.1%)
> Wget          1 (0.0%)

I've already got the author of "visitors" to upgrade the list of
browsers recognised to include Firefox, but it hasn't made it to Sarge yet!

> Googled pages
> Pages accessed by the Google crawler, last access reported
> Number of pages googled 73733

> 4)    29/Oct/2005     /wiki/?id=rss/vierkante+haken+rondzetten_20050402

"Square catching round link", urm that is obviously Dutch for something
to do with the Wiki ?!?! Anyone know what this means?

And google referals...

> 7)    9       septic knee (page 1) <http://www.google.com/search?q=septic+knee>

Yes, it is our pharmacist webmaster again, but nothing to do with
pharmaceuticals. Clearly the world needs more information on "septic
knee", sounds like a good name for a band.