Re: [LUG] error log from problem with kde

On Friday 28 Oct 2005 17:39, paul sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have pasted the out put from less .xsession-errors, obtained by re
> creating the error, then switiching to a console and typing the above,
> then retyping and directing the output to a file.
>
> Not sure whats going on with kde, It seems to be a permission issue
> somewhere.

Delete the /tmp/.ICE-unix directory. It should then be re-created with the
correct permissions the next time X is started. You may however find that
this doesn't fix your KDE login problem:

It sounds like your KDE config is corrupted, especially if you can log into
KDE as another user.
You can probably fix it by removing the .kde directory in your home directory,
but that'll nuke all your KDE settings and customisations, so this is a last
resort. I'd suggest you try moving it somewhere else, then if it doesn't fix
the problem you can move it back and keep your settings.

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson