Re: [LUG] mp4

Grant Sewell wrote:

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:15:52 +0100
Steve Marvell wrote:

Any handle on conversion utilities to convert movies to mp4 for my
phone?

Steve

2 things spring to mind, but be warned that I have not looked into either to see if
they actually support MP4.

MPlayer (or rather, mencoder) - may have the ability to write out to MP4 files if
the correct codecs are installed.
TransCode - as above.

Grant.
VideoLAN Client is also pretty good for transcoding - you might want to research on how to encapsulate it properly too, but by all means the results are pretty good.

Ruairi