Re: [LUG] OT: Legal advice required

Neil Stone wrote:

Anyone knowing much about speeding, please contact me off list... I have
an interesting story to tell..

Neil
My best mate was caught for speeding, he found a thing on the internet relating to how to get off speeding fines by quoting a court case saying that it was not a legal requirement to sign the notice of intended prosecution.

Suffice to say, it didn't work. The D&C Police sent back a letter quoting that it had been through the courts and the bloke in question who didn't sign his form was left with something like an £8000 legal bill, plus points on his licence.

My poor mate is due to loose his licence sometime soon due to clocking up too many points.

Still, I guess it'll teach him to be a little more careful when he gets it back.

Rob