Re: [LUG] OT: Help!

James/DarkCow wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:

I've taken out the CPU, cleaned it off and blown 18 months of dust out of the CPU cooler. I'm going to put it back together now, I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, good luck, but if that doesn't work, then I suppose I could volunteer my main desktop to test some components. It seems that we have almost exactly the same setup, AMD64 3000+, socket 754, and I have a 'Via K8T Neo' K8T800 motherboard too.

James,

I'll keep that in mind, I'm supposed to be building a new PC for someone in the next week or so, I might buy 2 boards and see if I can get it working, if not, I guess I'll have to buy another CPU too. The Semprons are looking quite nice, especially now they have that 64-bit goodness :-)

What motherboard have you got? My board is a MSI K8T-FSIR2 I think. Was a top of the range board when I bought it, made me sick as a parrot earlier on this year though when I built a Sempron 3100+ for a friend and used an NForce board, was easily as fast as my PC.

Rob