Re: [LUG] ingots - assesors

Mark wrote:

On Monday 03 Oct 2005 12:28, Grant Sewell wrote:
http://www.theingots.org/www/content.php

Its an open standards office suite assessment thingy apparently :)

Mark
Aha!  Me thinks I might look around on this myself and see if it's
something that Cornwall College would be interested in.

Cheers.

Grant.

I would think its a very good idea for schools and colleges to get involved. I have looked around the site - but it seems a bit hard to find out exactly how to get in touch with an assessor - which I guess is what you do in the first instance. Not really my cup of tea - I avoid using office software of any sort if possible ;) But it does seem a good alternative to the ECDL - although I expect its currently not really recognised by many people. But the fact that youngsters and the so called "silver surfers" can get hands on experience with a tutor is good. I know Mike C runs some evening classes in the Newquay area - perhaps its something he may be interested in ?
Mark
Sounds good.

Isn't the ECDL primeraly Microsoft based?

I remember when I did basic RSA at school back in 1990 ish, it wasn't really based on any particular word processor, okay the school used a VERY old version of Word for DOS (well, Word for the RM Nimbus 186), but the material we used could have been just as easily used on WordStar or WordPerfect 5.1...

Oooh that brings back memories.... Wordperfect 5.1 and Word for Windows 1.0 :-)

Rob

**