Re: [LUG] Securing SSH

I have an idea....

I don't know if its been done already - but it would
be cool if you could have some sort of fake ssh login
that would log you in a fake computer system if you
get the wrong password, you could then have secret
command (specified in a configuration file) that you
could use to verify that you have actually logged in
correctly.

This would completly ruin these sort cracking
attempts, as the malware used will have no way of
knowing if it was a genuine success i.e. it will
always seem like a success.

You could then log all the commands etc used, and
build a profile of the cracker - whats commands they
use and what files they try to upload etc...

It must of been done already??

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Jody