Re: [LUG] Re: Opera Browser

Ben Goodger <goodgerster@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 9/23/05, Stuart Dunstan <stuartdunstan34565@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Whilst we're on the subject, does anyone ever use any
>> software that has a (right) click 'paste and go'
>> feature?
>> ie: for if when you have a URL in the clipboard, you
>> can  'paste and go' into an address bar or search
>> engine with just two clicks and no keypress? i was
>> just wondering how often it shows up.

> Mnnm, there's probably an obscure Firefox extension or setting that
> does that. Have you tried that bane of all forum noobs, a search
> engine?

No need for that, so long as the URI/whatever was the last thing you
highlighted, just use the middle mouse-button (usually the scroll wheel)
or both buttons together if your mouse is still stuck in the stone age. ;)

Thats the default X copy and paste behaviour, not this dreadful
right-click and select option, or ctrl-x/ctrl-c business that has
been imported from doze.

--
James                                   jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it.