Re: [LUG] how to install Debian on mcahine with no CD?

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:54:49 +0100, Rob Beard
<rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>dave morgan wrote:
>
>>I have enough bits to build a usb cd-rom drive if necessary, but have
>>not decided whether to acutely buy one, 500 dollars + shipping is a
>>bit expensive, still trying to find cheaper alternative in the UK.
>>
>>Dave
>>

>Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but check out www.mini-itx.com
>
>They have an online store and sell cases and motherboards etc for this
>sort of thing.  You're looking at about £65 for a board, case is usually
>another £50 or so, and to install Debian you could connect a CD or DVD
>drive to the machine and just remove it when you're finished.
>
>Rob

Sorry to all for not getting back earlier ... family health problems
took priority.

Thanks for the pointer Rob, my current favorite board from Mini-Itx is
a Via EPIA PD5000E, with 2xLAN, 4xCOM, 6xUSB and lots of other I/O,
and can boot from anything! Favorite case is the C137 (about the size
of my laptop, plenty(!) of room for all my expansion needs). Hope to
get it ordered next week.

Dave