Re: [LUG] how to install Debian on mcahine with no CD?

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:31:55 +0100, Robin Cornelius
<robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>dave morgan wrote:
>
>>I am considering replacing my pair of Compaq Deskpro's with one of
>>these http://www.cappuccinopc.com/lt-5000.asp (webserver / ntp server
>>/ local rate-limiting firewall + access control / squid proxy server)
>>
>>But how would I initially install Linux on it (no CD or floppy) ?
>>

>USB, not sure if you can boot of a memory stick, but a USB CD or Floppy
>would sort you out, know anybody near by you can borrow one from for the
>install?
>
>Robin

I have enough bits to build a usb cd-rom drive if necessary, but have
not decided whether to acutely buy one, 500 dollars + shipping is a
bit expensive, still trying to find cheaper alternative in the UK.

Dave
--
http://www.morgad.no-ip.info/index.html    gpg:0x64B5E037
Distributed Proofreaders: http://www.pgdp.net