Re: [LUG] Default mysql user name and password

On Saturday 27 August 2005 4:41 pm, Thomas Arrow wrote:
> Thanks
> Right I'v got in with that user and password. Now how do I change the
> password?

Are you SURE you want to?

This would prevent other applications that use MySQL from installing as their
databases could not be created by the installation scripts.

Only do that if this is a server which won't have new software installed
later.

You could be surprised which packages may use MySQL tables - the first thing
you'd know was when the installation barffed.

--

Neil Williams