Re: [LUG] apt sources list,

if I type ifup eth0 I get

ignoring unkown interface eth0=eth0

if i just type
ifup -a I get
interface lo already configured

going back to ifconfig, it's not giving me an ip for eth0

I am not sure if this is a hardware issue, or something else, I know the interface works (or should be working), if I connect my usb interface unit, i get one green light, so it knows it's there, any idea what i should type to refer to that interface,

also if I do dmesg, what am I looking for, again looking at that output it does detect the card, and seem to suggest it's working,

I am just off to see if dhcpd is set up, what should be mentioned in sysvinit, for runlevel 3 or 5

Also just ran adsl configuration and it can't find a access concentrator, it does name them eth0 and eth1, which is interesting

not sure if this is of any use really,

paul

paul sutton wrote:

Thanks for that, I will have a go in the morning hopefully, this could save me a lot of hassle. I have also printed this information out and will keep to hand,

paul