Re: [LUG] OT: Does ebuyer.co.uk going bust?

mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks, it's been in picking for 2 weeks, they have a 147 in stock.
> The phones don't work and it takes up to 7 days for a reply to enotes.

Latest stats from their website:

      how to contact us

*Telephone support:* Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (excluding bank
holidays)

Longest wait yesterday:     *22 minutes 1 secs*     Average wait
yesterday:     *3 minutes 45 secs*
Longest wait today:     *4 minutes 23 secs*     Average wait today:     *2
minutes 2 secs*

statistics as at 10:00am 24th August 2005

To contact customer support please call *0845 146 1720*

Note the times they quote; looks like honest reporting to me as 22
minutes was a bit long.

> Wonderful!
> Seems to be a bit of 'bog off, we have your money. Got a problem..
> Ha Ha... tough!'

I've dealt with them a lot and never had any issues.  A friend puts in
almost weekly orders and also never had a problem (his recommendation
started me buying from them).

> That and the :
> - appalling web pages

The .co.uk is a bit of a dog... the .com is faster :)  Try that one.

> - web pages that don't remember you even if you tick the remember me

Always remembers me without failure.  What browser(s) have you tried?
I've used IE and Firefox (Windows and Linux).  All works OK for me.

> - web pages that log you off after 13 nanoseconds of inactivity

Nope, sorry can't say I've had that problem either.

> will probably ensure I never buy from them again.

I'd be inclined to persevere.. may be just unlucky this once.

Kind regards,

Julian