Re: [LUG] Does ebuyer.co.uk going bust?

Rob Beard wrote:
ohh them e-notes, I hated replying to them, much prefered the returns department where I normally worked).

What's it like working in returns? I've always been curious about what you do and how you do it. If you get a motherboard to check, do you have to spend ages plugging it in to parts that you know work, like ram, processor, screen, HD, etc, or do you just have a couple of cables that you plug in and get a readout that says 'it works' or 'it doesn't work'. Do you have to make checks for things so (for example) if a motherboard blew your test processor, and then you tried to use that test processor in a new system that did work, you would realise that it was the processor, and not the motherboard that was broken? Or did you just deal with the customers?

--

140cf42384f90b8c349b67457b907115

Public PGP key at http://apolloenterprises.org/stuff/morefiles/publicpgpkey.txt