[LUG] Exim4: localhosts

Having problems with exim4, and I am getting a bit confused with the
terminology

What I am trying to do is to get my system messages (eg cron-apt) sent
to my local mail box ($HOME/Mail/), so that each morning I can see what
has happened over the previous night.

At the moment all such emails are sent from my machine to my webhost and
back to my machine (which is kind of a waste)

I have a suspicion that the reason is that I have not is that I have not
included my machine in the "list of domains which this machine should
consider itself the final destination"

My local hostname is newdebian

Can someone point me in the right direction: do I just add "newdebian"
to the local hosts?

My update-exim4.conf.conf is as follows:

# /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf
#
# Edit this file and /etc/mailname by hand and execute update-exim4.conf
# yourself or use 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config'

dc_eximconfig_configtype='smarthost'
dc_other_hostnames=''
dc_local_interfaces='127.0.0.1'
dc_readhost='xobie.com'
dc_relay_domains=''
dc_minimaldns='false'
dc_relay_nets=''
dc_smarthost='secure-email-2.luxsci.com:6025'
CFILEMODE='644'
dc_use_split_config='false'
dc_hide_mailname='false'
dc_mailname_in_oh='true'