RE: [LUG] Accessing Linux Drives from Windows

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Neil Stone
Sent: 15 August 2005 22:19
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Accessing Linux Drives from Windows

Rob Beard wrote:
> Neil Stone wrote:
>
>> ahhh... the old "Linux won't run application x y or z" comment..
>> didn't take long... ;-)

My software for my p910i smartphone is wondows only and the phone itself
cannot synchronise under linux.
The device is recognised as an unsupported usb device in suse 9.3

Under vmware I can install and use it. Same with my creative pdp101
webcam If I first remove the omnivision module. Gnome meeting won't
recognise the camera but I can use it fine with msn on vmware under
linux.

Vmware is supposed to only use hardware that the host operating system
supports.

I now find I am rarely using windows apart from needing ardware without
drivers/applications I cannot use under linux and now I have  these
working using vmware I'm happy

Anyone hazard a guess though why vmware wants to use the same omv11
module for the webcam but I cant get the webcam to work under linux
itself ?