Re: [LUG] Accessing Linux Drives from Windows

Ben Goodger wrote:

On 15/08/05, *Neil Stone* <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    It did.. but i agree wholeheartedly... I am sure that many others do

    too.. ;-)

Unfortunately, until Linux can run Photoshop, Premiere et al it will be most difficult for the majority of people to use it. I for one am not content with Rhythmbox, I would prefer to stick with the real iTunes.

--
Ben Goodger

http://www.getfirefox.com/
http://www.openoffice.org/

WINE, Cedega, Crossover Office etc are making strides, and the optimist in me hopes that once Apple hits x86 that they will contribute towards windows emulation, IIRC they have contributed code to WINE (I may be hallucinating there). The pessimist in me says that the big drawback holding many (including me) from buying Apple is being able to have Windows on the same machine to play games and run the problem software. But even if people end up running Apple it should bring side benefits to Linux, more so than people sticking with MS.

Chris