Re: [LUG] Url that doesn't work in linux...

On Friday 22 July 2005 21:41, Simon Waters wrote:
> Adrian Midgley wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 21:16 +0100, Anton Channing wrote:
> >>Okay, thats a little outside my knowledge, how do I
> >>do that?

> > /etc/hosts
> >
> > 12.34.56.78 weird.art
>
> No you need access to the webserver.
> In Apache you just add a ServerAlias line to the virtual host.

Oh well, I don't think that is possible in this case.  DeviantArt.com
is a huge website with over a million artists, each with their own
subdomain for their gallery.  I don't think there is any chance of them
setting up an alias for one artist who choose a username that
creates a dodgy url.

If their is nothing I can do my end, I may as well forget it.  Its
just one artist.

:/

Anton