Re: [LUG] Help please

http://www.tier1.com/htm/home/index.htm

Not sure if the above company ships overseas, but they do recycle and re deploy IT equipment,

perhaps they can help

Paul

Tom Brough wrote:

>Hello Tom,

>Good day and sorry to delay in reply to mail.

>How are you, family and colleagues, hope all are fine concerning health.

>Its not quiet easy with us, as continue offer his voluntary course lecture. From the on set, Stefan, intended spending a >month with us, but due to task unaccomplished he decided to extend his stay for two more months. He traveled for the >national capital, yesterday to book another flight.

>I having be struggling for all this while to raise some little finances that can enable us add more to the exist ones-/PC per >seven trainee for about 6 hours/.

>Equally, the program with the iwayafrica partners in Cameroon sound interested, as their initial cost rang between >500.000 - 700.000frsCFA, supplying the basics equipments (refutable if we stop operation) and a monthly band charges >of 10.000frsCFA.

>As mention at the end of your last mail, we need your assistant and that of friends in any form available.

>Hope all is moving fine in preparation for your trip to the Phi. One does expect you in Cameroon in the near future.

>You browse our new website, built by us. Here below are some of our students WebPages, launch under goecities. Just >about 11 of them were able to launch their page during our next week visit to the Community Multimedia Center cyber, >due to slow line. Here attach to this mail is a photo at the cyber where only a few students were allow to work, so as to >enable fast lines.

>Thanks for concern and hope to read from you.

>Emmanuel Fonyuy S.

>Director.

__

_www.geocities.com/empresspattie_

_www.geocities.com/franky_v2003_

This is a plea for help that I can no longer ignore. Stefan (a Debian man from Germany) was kind enough to "babysit" a small (but very heavy) box that I sent to him containing, 2 x 10Mbps hub, NIC's and some patch cables, as well as a thick introductory book to GNU/Linux, all the way to the Cameroon. Frankly, however, I feel like I have cheated them !

I have exchanged many emails with Emmanuel and he is a honourable and highly educated man of vision struggling to educate his peers and the future generations in ICT using 486's in mud huts. If you don't believe this point google at the Techcefacos Artco group web pages.

I have a source of recyclable computers and am willing to find the finances for transport. However as yet I have not been able to secure a reliable / reasonably priced transportation company. If anyone out there in the DCGLUG community (or wider) knows of a reliable transportation company that can deliver to the door in the Cameroon, then please let me know.

He is contemplating renting (second hand) computers, at what I understand to be highly inflated rates because market dynamics of supply and demand in the Cameroon. I on the other hand can pick up half a dozen system units without having to think about it. All I need now is the haulage firm to get units from me to Emmanuel its as simple as that.

It may only be 2 or 3 system units at best, but to them any help will be appreciated however small. So please if you know someone in the haulage industry that will look favourably on this project and is reliable and resonable . Please, please, please let me know.

Tom.