[LUG] Packaging

How many people here use a non-.deb AND non-.rpm package manager for their
everyday GNU/Linux systems?

(I'm not interested in ones you used whilst looking over someone's shoulder or
ones you last used ten years ago!)

I know about Slackware and I've come across ArchLinux recently that uses what
they call Pacman (!).
http://www.archlinux.org/about.php

I currently build .deb, .rpm, .tar.gz, fink .deb and DarwinPorts packages at
various stages of development.

What else is out there?

Does each one have their network of maintainers who package tarballs into
their own package format?

Who uses a non-86 platform? (apart from MacOSX). Any strange package managers?

How pure does an autofoo config need to be to run on every GNU system? Is
'sed' always around? Perl? bash may not be, as long as it's fairly simple
test stuff, shouldn't most shells work?

Anyone ever built a package for Cygwin? What does that require?

--

Neil Williams