OT WOTW [Was Re: [LUG] Martian source]

Adrian Midgley wrote:

In the opening years of the 21st century, few suspected that our planet
was being observed by intelligences vast, and cool, and
unsympathetic....

Ahh a fellow follower of true literature :) http://www.online-literature.com/ if you like more :)

What Spielberg did to a rather good story was quite inexcusable, but
some of the effects are passable.

If you look on www.imdb.com I think you find several people who have not even been quite as kind in their descriptions. Sadly you'll also find one idiot who says, and I quote "M Night Shyamalan's gonna be [expletive]ed", alleging they pinched the idea from "Signs". Yesssssss..... that ranks right up there with the petition to get The Two Towers renamed because some pillock in America claimed it was in bad taste after 9/11, and which petition contained the famous phrase "Who does this Tolkien guy think he is anyway?" ...... *sigh*

I'll leave you to ponder that one :)

Cheers,

Julian

PS. Clue for those who may not know. Tolkien died in 1973, the year the WTC was opened to the public. Whether he died before or after I'm not sure.